We have covered this subject in previous postings, the most recent being "Senator Shelby and His River of Lies" and offer a guest commentary today by Pat Feemster of SOURCE for more information on this very important issue. Please visit their site, linked below for additional information and how you can help their noble cause.
Our political leaders won't help save this river for future generations as we have pointed out, so it is up to the grassroots efforts of concerned citizens to be the guardians for Alabama's environment and natural resources. We are honored to assist them in their efforts for the Cahaba River.
Smithsonian Magazine August 2009 "The Cahaba: A River of Riches"
Cahaba River and Northern Beltline
Save Our Unique River, Communities and Environment (SOURCE) is a grassroots group of citizens who have serious concerns about adverse impacts of the Northern Beltline on our natural environment; especially the Cahaba River; and our neighborhoods and communities.
SOURCE was initiated by Clay and Trussville citizens, but, has grown to include citizens of other communities and has broad based support throughout Jefferson and surrounding counties, primarily because of a concern for the Cahaba.
The Fight Against the Northern Beltline from UA, Telecommunication and Film
POLITICAL CORRUPTION IS A NATIONWIDE ISSUE AFFECTING ALL OF US. ALABAMA RANKS #5 AS THE MOST CORRUPT STATE. *DOJ 2007 stats
Something is very wrong in the Land of Cotton
PERTINENT ENVIRONMENTAL AND CORRUPTION ISSUES IN OTHER STATES ARE ALSO DISCUSSED
NO OTHER COMMUNITY, RICH OR POOR, URBAN OR SUBURBAN,BLACK, BROWN,RED, YELLOW OR WHITE SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO BECOME AN "ENVIRONMENTAL SACRIFICE ZONE."
Dr. Robert Bullard
Environmental Justice Movement Founder
- Land sales to mysterious companies
- Shelby County Industrial Board influences
- Letter from Jim Hurley to Otis McCrimmon July 2, 2...
- Letters to the Editor March 7, 2007 Chemical Lime ...
- New Business Alliance BARD Convinces JeffCo to Pul...
- The Most Contaminated Place On Earth-- Anniston, A...
- What You Won&#39;t Hear About SC Comprehensive Plan an...
- Ricky Thomason Editorial--Corrupt Alabama
- Alabama Signers of Grover Norquist Pledge