We ask that the reader make their own conclusion on the meaning of this information. The issue is presented because corporate policies come from the top and trickle down to all entities below.
No accusation is made towards any of the "Decision Makers" of NRP personally, but the articles suggest the attitude of "production by any means" is severely flawed and usually ends in tragedy as it did in West Virginia.
At the very least shouldn't NRP step out and make a statement?
Did NRP know of the continued safety violations of Massey? It seems hard to believe they did not.
If they did, what was their response to the Massey Energy BOD to address them, if any?
Where does the fault lie, solely with Massey CEO Don Blankenship (as most, if not all of it should) or is he pushed from up higher beyond the Massey Energy BOD to bring in a higher percentage of royalty payments per the lease agreement with NRP?
Does it give the citizens of Vincent cause to be concerned? Will the parent company Vecellio also push WRQ to produce at any cost?
Links to the right.
(There is an issue of a Vecellio subsidiary and a Palm Beach tragedy that begs some of these same questions and many others. More on that at a later date....patterns are emerging).
POLITICAL CORRUPTION IS A NATIONWIDE ISSUE AFFECTING ALL OF US. ALABAMA RANKS #5 AS THE MOST CORRUPT STATE. *DOJ 2007 stats
Something is very wrong in the Land of Cotton
PERTINENT ENVIRONMENTAL AND CORRUPTION ISSUES IN OTHER STATES ARE ALSO DISCUSSED
NO OTHER COMMUNITY, RICH OR POOR, URBAN OR SUBURBAN,BLACK, BROWN,RED, YELLOW OR WHITE SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO BECOME AN "ENVIRONMENTAL SACRIFICE ZONE."
Dr. Robert Bullard
Environmental Justice Movement Founder
- Land sales to mysterious companies
- Shelby County Industrial Board influences
- Letter from Jim Hurley to Otis McCrimmon July 2, 2...
- Letters to the Editor March 7, 2007 Chemical Lime ...
- New Business Alliance BARD Convinces JeffCo to Pul...
- The Most Contaminated Place On Earth-- Anniston, A...
- What You Won&#39;t Hear About SC Comprehensive Plan an...
- Ricky Thomason Editorial--Corrupt Alabama
- Alabama Signers of Grover Norquist Pledge