POLITICAL CORRUPTION IS A NATIONWIDE ISSUE AFFECTING ALL OF US. ALABAMA RANKS #5 AS THE MOST CORRUPT STATE. *DOJ 2007 stats
Something is very wrong in the Land of Cotton
PERTINENT ENVIRONMENTAL AND CORRUPTION ISSUES IN OTHER STATES ARE ALSO DISCUSSED
NO OTHER COMMUNITY, RICH OR POOR, URBAN OR SUBURBAN,BLACK, BROWN,RED, YELLOW OR WHITE SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO BECOME AN "ENVIRONMENTAL SACRIFICE ZONE."
Dr. Robert Bullard
Environmental Justice Movement Founder
Thursday, April 22, 2010
What happens when money and power influences everyone, including judges.
Sources in West Virginia say; "Don Blankenship is not going anywhere, he has made so much money for the stockholders and industry, they will never get rid of him." When asked about the safety issues and long list of violations, there was no discernible empathy for either: "People choose to work there, the families are being paid a lot of money for what happened" was all that was offered in response.
This was from a media source who could be described as simply a realist, but the apparent lack of concern was surprising and palpable.
Posted by Max Shelby at 8:20 PM
- Land sales to mysterious companies
- Shelby County Industrial Board influences
- Letter from Jim Hurley to Otis McCrimmon July 2, 2...
- Letters to the Editor March 7, 2007 Chemical Lime ...
- New Business Alliance BARD Convinces JeffCo to Pul...
- The Most Contaminated Place On Earth-- Anniston, A...
- What You Won&#39;t Hear About SC Comprehensive Plan an...
- Ricky Thomason Editorial--Corrupt Alabama
- Alabama Signers of Grover Norquist Pledge