METAL/NONMETAL MINE FATALITY - On May 5, 2010, a 21 year-old old contract driller with 1 year of experience was fatally injured at a crushed stone operation.
The victim was repositioning a truck mounted drill.
He lowered the mast and raised the leveling jacks to move the drill.
The drill then rolled down a grade and struck him.
Photo of Accident Scene Described in the Paragraph Above
Such a young man and in a moment, he is gone.
Was he adequately supervised with only one year's experience?
Where were the supervisors?
MSHA's Fatal Accident Investigation Report - Not Available Yet
(We will publish it as soon as it becomes available)
POLITICAL CORRUPTION IS A NATIONWIDE ISSUE AFFECTING ALL OF US. ALABAMA RANKS #5 AS THE MOST CORRUPT STATE. *DOJ 2007 stats
Something is very wrong in the Land of Cotton
PERTINENT ENVIRONMENTAL AND CORRUPTION ISSUES IN OTHER STATES ARE ALSO DISCUSSED
NO OTHER COMMUNITY, RICH OR POOR, URBAN OR SUBURBAN,BLACK, BROWN,RED, YELLOW OR WHITE SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO BECOME AN "ENVIRONMENTAL SACRIFICE ZONE."
Dr. Robert Bullard
Environmental Justice Movement Founder
Friday, May 21, 2010
- Land sales to mysterious companies
- Shelby County Industrial Board influences
- Letter from Jim Hurley to Otis McCrimmon July 2, 2...
- Letters to the Editor March 7, 2007 Chemical Lime ...
- New Business Alliance BARD Convinces JeffCo to Pul...
- The Most Contaminated Place On Earth-- Anniston, A...
- What You Won&#39;t Hear About SC Comprehensive Plan an...
- Ricky Thomason Editorial--Corrupt Alabama
- Alabama Signers of Grover Norquist Pledge